S.A.L. DETACHMENT OF NJ ADJUTANT ROBERT M. LASKY, JR.
APPRECIATION AND THANKS GO OUT TO THE OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE CHAIRMEN
THAT HELPED TO MAKE MY JOB EASIER THIS YEAR! WITH SPECIAL KUDOS TO MY ASSISTANT ADJUTANT PDC TOM MARSDEN!
IT WAS AN HONOR TO SERVE AS YOUR ADJUTANT THIS PAST YEAR!
NOTE TO DETACHMENT OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE CHAIRMEN FOR CONVENTION:
Please make sure you send all of your reports at least one week prior to meeting dates to:
and CC: HICKSFGJJ@aol.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a recap of the guidelines for those submitting reports prior to and during meetings:
First, thank you for getting your reports in to me in a timely fashion. To help streamline the minutes (to ultimately save time and paper), I have come up with some guidelines for officers and chairmen submitting reports. I appreciate all the assistance you can give in this matter.
1) When creating your report, please use a simple header. (e.g. – Name, Office/Committee, Date). Please refrain from including huge logos, huge header fonts or pictures of yourself (we probably know who you are!). A small version of the S.A.L. logo is fine but nothing more elaborate.
2) Try to type your reports rather than handwrite them, if possible. When typing your reports, please do not use excessively large print as to create more pages than needed. If you can, please limit your reports to one or two pages. If unavoidable, handwritten reports are acceptable, but please make an effort to have them as legible as possible.
3) If you are giving a report on the floor, please have a copy of your report with you to hand in to me or email it to me prior to (or after) the meeting especially if your report is a lengthy one. If you have a short report (couple of sentences), then that can be easily summarized. It is so much easier to attach your lengthier reports.
4) Try to limit your attachments. If it is vital that the entire membership needs the information, then please include it. Can it easily be summarized in a sentence in your report instead of an added page or two? Again, this will help streamline the minutes and the process on my end.
5) If you are sending your reports in via email, prior to the meeting, please do so no later than 11pm Friday evening. Any later and I may not have time to print it before the meeting. In this case, please print a copy and bring with you.
6) If possible, reports should include the officer’s or chairman’s signature to authenticate the document.
FOR GOD AND COUNTRY
Robert M. Lasky, Jr.
2018-19 S.A.L. Detachment of NJ Adjutant